I'm fascinated by history. The very word alone is intriguing; HIS STORY. Every facet of mankind till now were written by the hands of those who had the most influence; the winners of their day. They had the power to rewrite history as they see fit. It's basic survival of the fittest; "the strong shall survive, the weak shall perish". Haha yea, I just quoted Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin!
Which brings me to my next point; what is real then? How can we tell truth apart from fiction?
Well we can. And we can't.
By finding conclusive evidence which would either support or shatter the assumed truth, we can tell them apart. On the other hand, such evidence may have been planted there on purpose. Heck, even if it is a legit evidence, it might be open to misinterpretations or misreadings.
I guess in the end it all comes down to intuition.
Yes, EVERY human being that has lived, had lived on intuition. I'm not suggesting that they completely ignore all facts and logic. No, what I'm trying to say is that one's logic is built up side by side with their intuition.
To me that's on of the beauties of life; only you can choose what to believe.